Friday, September 29, 2006

The journey begins...

The journey to bring justice to the galaxy has begun.

I've decided to start a journey, to travel the galaxy, to visit strange and interesting places, and to kill pirates wherever I find them.

Or die trying. But the journey will continue!

I started the ball rolling today by putting the following post onto the Eve Online forums:
I hate doing missions. I can't stand mining. I think that hauling is boring.

But.... I LOVE HUNTING PIRATES!

I've mined only once, back during the tutorial. I've never mined since. Then I did missions for just over a month, but realised all I'm doing is 'grinding', which is why I originally left World of Warcraft, so I stopped doing missions. I did some trading and hauling for a while, but it wasn't profitable enough to support my 'addiction' to hunting pirates.

Yes, I'm addicted to hunting pirates. I can't think of anything else I'd rather do! The only reason I'd trade and haul stuff was because I didn't have a warship to fly, and I needed to raise the money for it.

Today I have a new idea. Stick to anti-pirating, and nothing but. If the pirates can do it, I'm sure I can do it too, by doing it to them.

I'm going to detail my adventures on a blog, so that everyone can follow what I'm doing. I'll outline my ship setups, my tactics, my losses... and hopefully a few victories too. I'll fund myself from the proceeds I obtain from the pirates themselves. Some loot can go a long way. I hope...

Along the way I hope to find a few friends who'll help out here and there. Together we can make a difference and bring a little justice to this galaxy.

My blog will be listed in my bio, and as I update it, I'll also link to it from here. I hope some of you will join me in this fight, even if it's to watch what I do, where I go, and how I learn.

If you want to help me fight the good fight and you see me in your system, say hello, and maybe we can join up and patrol together.
As I update this blog, I'll also update that particular post, providing links back to this blog. I'll also link to this from my bio in the game.

This is going to be fascinating!

I've always wanted to go visit New Eden, where it all started. That shall be my first destination....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home